We've Been Living our Happily Ever After for

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

my gown's journey starts and ends here

Don't let the title confuse you. I've had a love affair with the gown that I'll wear on our wedding day that's why I say it starts and ends here. START- because I have made the initial arrangements with a gown maker regarding it. ENDS- because after a few bouts of indecisiveness about it, I've finally settled regarding the who, the what and where of my gown.

Basically, my decision went back and forth because of certain conditions that I have

1.It must be cheap.
It is my wedding gown BUT at the end of the day, I just get to wear it for one day and I dont want something that costs too much for something that will just be used for 5 hours.


2. It must be custom made to fit my body.
I cannot forget an anecdote from Monster in Law: I want the dress to fit my body and not the other way around. I have long accepted that I will never have an hour glass figure hence I dont want to strain myself in losing too much weight for the sake of my wedding
JLO in the movie Monster-In-Law


3. Even if it is cheap, it must not look like its price.
I've been to divi on countless times and all the gowns start to look the same after a few turns in the stalls. I'd rather wear a gown that is very simple than to wear something that has been mass produced for brides in distress.

I wonder how many gowns they sell in a day...


I have a lot more kwento but let's skip ahead to the part where I went to a gown maker in Lagro, QC. hehe..The price that she quoted for me was less than 5,000 pesos with the following into consideration

1) the inner layer was sewn though she said she'd have to re-do it
2) I provided the cloth for the outer layer
3) no accessories

However, I still think it's a good price since my original option was to go to Baclaran and if I go there 2-3 times, it'll be the same considering the gas money I'd spend.

This is a very good option for brides in the fairview/novaliches/north caloocan area and for sisses scouting for a gown maker, I'd let you know as soon as possible regarding my rating.

I had my measurement taken and we'd be back this weekend to give prinouts of my final inspirations:
for the beading

overused picture for the silhouette

can't wait for the first fitting tah-tah!

No comments:

span.fullpost {display:inline;}